Recently new unfamiliar square, yellow "funny" icon on Android's Google homepage.

A

AC Question

There is a yellow, cartoonish square icon labeled “funny” that has appeared on my Android’s Google homepage within the last 30 days. It is right below the Google search box, so one could accidently hit it. At first I thought it was related to April 1, but it is still there.
This does NOT appear on my regular laptop, which is why I am consulting this forum. I would like to delete it but am reluctant to even investigate it for fear of unleashing something nefarious. Does anyone have input? Thanks in advance-

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
There is a yellow, cartoonish square icon labeled “funny” that has appeared on my Android’s Google homepage within the last 30 days. It is right below the Google search box, so one could accidently hit it. At first I thought it was related to April 1, but it is still there.
This does NOT appear on my regular laptop, which is why I am consulting this forum. I would like to delete it but am reluctant to even investigate it for fear of unleashing something nefarious. Does anyone have input? Thanks in advance-

Welcome to Android Central!

I would try downloading a virus scanning app first and run the scan. What browser are you using?