HELP! Root. Samsung 2 OS.

gabija22

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
HELP! I rooted my phone and I deleted some system apps, which seemed to me not useful (such as yahoo finance etc.) but I think I deleted some important apps too. What should I do?? After a few days of rooting showed a board with "Unfortunately, touchwiz has stopped" No matter, how many times I click okay, it shows again later. And the other problem that I can't get messages, it says "<> proccess com.android.phone has stopped". So what should I do?? Please help. Sorry, if the similar problem was on there, but I couldn't find it. And please explain me step by step. (I am not into those technical things)

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Please let us know the Actual Model of your phone? And android version. You can find that in your "about us" section in settings. It sounds like you'll need to use Odin to flash the original software.

Chris

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!

Its my opinion, that you'll need to flash the original firmware to your phone. You can start by downloading it from a site called Sammobile, provided link below. You'll need to download Samsung Drivers to your pc, along with Odin. There are countless videos on Youtube on how to use Odin and flash original firmwares. If you need help locating them, just let me know.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/GT-I9100/

You can try, and I've done this.....take your phone to a Bestbuy and go talk to the Samsung Rep at their counter. Play the, "i have no clue what's wrong with my phone" type of person, and just say its doing strange things all of a sudden, and ask them if they can reflash the software, 99% of the time, they will do it. Don't tell them its rooted, and be very polite. I brought my rooted phone to them, and they still helped me, even though I think then knew I had rooted it. Anyway, its worth a shot, or you can use Odin.

Let us know!

Chris

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
First, I would check this thread out: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html

You might need an older version of Odin, as I recall there was a 3.4 version that worked quite well. You may by all means try the newest version...I am just saying to keep in mind that an older one may work better in this case.

I would try downloading from a different source: Firmware archive | Samsung Updates

Look for the BSE region code. It should be about 2/3 down the page.

gabija22

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, I will try to check it in that link. But in that source you sent - there isn't right firmware for my model (I looked by baseband).
I downloaded a new odin, but it didn't work, I used my old one (which I had earlier) but in there weren't all right options as showed in the other link...Maybe I'll just bring it to the service :( I've been stuck in this from Monday

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If you have the means to take it into a service center, or repair facility, that would be better! I certainly wish we could have resolved it here, but sometimes a service center is the only answer.

gabija22

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I forgot to sayThank you! Both of you! At least now I know how I could install new firmaware ( I didn't even know what was that before:D), it just wasnt right baseband anywhere in the internet for my model. I am glad someone answered me. I just let you know, my phone is fixed from friday, I brought it to the service, all OS is new (baseband is changed too)