There is no option to send a new message in google messenger, what am I doing wrong?

A

AC Question

I am running a rom in which the stock messenger app does not work so I have downloaded google messenger. When I go to create a new message, it only gives me the option to choose a contact but no further options. In other words, there is no send message option or text field available in the application

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You can type in the number with the keyboard.

There's also a button to the right of the text box that switches from keyboard to keypad.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Does this help too? I don't use messenger, but found this:

Open your device's All Apps menu Apps menu.
Tap the Messenger app Messenger.
At the bottom right, tap Compose .
In the "To" field, enter a name from your contacts or a mobile phone number.
Below the "To" field, you can tap Frequents to choose from frequent contacts, or All contacts to choose from your list of contacts.
To send the message to a group, first add one person and then tap Group Group . You can add more contacts or more mobile phone numbers. If you’re sending a group message, make sure to turn on group messaging in Messenger settings.
If you choose to enter a name or mobile number in the "To" field, matching contacts will appear as you type, if any exist in your contacts. You can touch a suggested recipient or continue entering the phone number.
To write your message, tap the "Send message" box and type.
To save a message as a draft while writing it, tap Back Back . To resume writing that message, tap the conversation.
To send, tap Send Send. If you have more than one SIM card installed in your device, you may need to first choose which SIM card you want to use to send the message.

Source: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6080324

Chris

jskateborders

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, thanks for the reply. The step highlighted below is where the referenced option is not available.

Does this help too? I don't use messenger, but found this:

Open your device's All Apps menu Apps menu.
Tap the Messenger app Messenger.
At the bottom right, tap Compose .
In the "To" field, enter a name from your contacts or a mobile phone number.
Below the "To" field, you can tap Frequents to choose from frequent contacts, or All contacts to choose from your list of contacts.
To send the message to a group, first add one person and then tap Group Group . You can add more contacts or more mobile phone numbers. If you’re sending a group message, make sure to turn on group messaging in Messenger settings.
If you choose to enter a name or mobile number in the "To" field, matching contacts will appear as you type, if any exist in your contacts. You can touch a suggested recipient or continue entering the phone number.
To write your message, tap the "Send message" box and type.
To save a message as a draft while writing it, tap Back Back . To resume writing that message, tap the conversation.
To send, tap Send Send. If you have more than one SIM card installed in your device, you may need to first choose which SIM card you want to use to send the message.

Source: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6080324

Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol