Can the sync on an android phone allow others to look at the phone?

A

AC Question

I have a semi-educated phone. it's a kyocera, i got it almost three years ago. I use it to text, call, and check email once in awhile. Lately my phone has been turning on and off, and the battery has been draining pretty quick. i have looked looked to see how i could tell if someone was tracking my phone and found that these were a couple of things that happened when a phone was being tracked. so i started looking into myphone more and found this sync thing. my location device icon came on around 8:30 tonight, and i turned location services off. just now a couple hours later when i was digging into my phone more, i found that right around the time that icon came up, my phone said it was synced. i am so clueless to this all. any insight would be great.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I doubt that your phone has been hacked. If you have Location services turned on, and if you have apps that have Location permissions (like weather apps), then they typically wake up the phone periodically to access the web and check your location in order to refresh data. That's probably the syncing you're seeing (and it can also contribute to battery drain if the syncing is occurring frequently).

Increased battery drain can be due to lots of things--a dying battery, glitchy apps, corrupted files on the SD card, poor cell signal. First, tell us which Kyocera phone you have. Next, show us some battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Considering that it's almost 3 years old, and the way most batteries are cared for, I'd suspect that your first choice - a dying battery - is probably right.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a semi-educated phone. it's a kyocera, i got it almost three years ago. I use it to text, call, and check email once in awhile. Lately my phone has been turning on and off, and the battery has been draining pretty quick. i have looked looked to see how i could tell if someone was tracking my phone and found that these were a couple of things that happened when a phone was being tracked. so i started looking into myphone more and found this sync thing. my location device icon came on around 8:30 tonight, and i turned location services off. just now a couple hours later when i was digging into my phone more, i found that right around the time that icon came up, my phone said it was synced. i am so clueless to this all. any insight would be great.

Welcome to Android Central!

It is probably time for a new battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007