I have a tablet with a 8000mah lithium battery what tipe of charger do i need

A

AC Question

I use the normal 5v charger and it turns con the lights but it wont turn on my tablet it says its chargin left it forma 2 hours and still didnt turn con plz help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which tablet? What's the normal 5v charger--the one that came with the device?

You should be able to use any standard charger. With a battery that big, you probably want to lean towards a charger that can provide 2 A of current.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you post the model number (and manufacturer name) of the tablet, we can check it and see what it should be charging at. The normal charge for a battery that size, assuming it came in the tablet new, would probably be around 3-4 Amps, but I dount that's the case. It sounds like the battery was changed from the stock battery to a larger one.

In any case, 2 hours charging a fully discharged 8000mAh battery with a stock 1 or 3 hour charger won't put much charge into the battery (it charges on a curve, with a lot less current charging it at the beginning of the cycle than at the end). Leave it charging at least overnight (I'd charge it 24 hours with the tablet turned off) to see what happens.

Also be aware that if the battery is almost totally dead (enough charge to turn the lights on for a few seconds), you'll need an external charger that will precharge it - the tablet most likely won't. (If the lights come on and stay on for minutes, a 24 hour charge should be enough.)

And, as B. Diddy said, a standard 2 Amp charger should be enough. (But it's going to take a lot longer to go from any given percentage of charge to 100%. The amount of current the tablet will put into the battery is fixed by the tablet, not by the battery, so a larger battery will take longer to charge over a given percentage range, say from 50% to 100%. Connecting the tablet to a 30 Amp charger won't speed up the charging process.)