Why is there not continuous audio playback since I updated my Android to 6.0?

A

AC Question

I updated my device this morning with Android 6.0, and all day when I attempt to play music in Spotify, one song plays and it stops immediately after (no continuous playback). Also noted, with podcasts (continuous streaming) it just pauses sporadically. Both apps need to be manually opened and then playback resumes. This sucks! Who should I voice my concern to in order to make sure this glitch is fixed asap?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? It may be due to some minor incompatibility between Spotify and the new system update (which could be the manufacturer's fault or the carrier's fault--but probably not Google's).

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I updated my device this morning with Android 6.0, and all day when I attempt to play music in Spotify, one song plays and it stops immediately after (no continuous playback). Also noted, with podcasts (continuous streaming) it just pauses sporadically. Both apps need to be manually opened and then playback resumes. This sucks! Who should I voice my concern to in order to make sure this glitch is fixed asap?

Welcome to Android Central!

Try clearing the data for both apps to reset them and then sign back in to them. Go to settings, apps, all apps, find the apps and clear the data from them. That will reset them to factory and may fix the issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12