I have little black lines that only appear on certain things.

A

AC Question

like white text, certain colors, and it doesn't show up on kik, messages, and other few apps. Any ideas, I got a new lcd and digitizer and the guy said to factory reset the phone and I did but the are still there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Do they also show up in a screenshot viewed on another device or computer, or are they only visible on that particular screen?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I assume you had someone else do the screen replacement--have you shown the person the problem? Can you ask them to open the phone up again and check all connections?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how they could tell it wasn't a hardware issue. Could they explain that in detail?

If you take a screenshot of when you see the lines, does that screenshot still show the lines if you view the image on a different device (like on your computer)? If not, then that would more strongly suggest that it's a hardware issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to believe that something like that would be due to software, especially after the screen has been replaced. Either there was a problem with how it was replaced, or the replacement screen itself is defective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34