Recovering data from EMMC card?

A

AC Question

Hi! I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. 2 days back, my phone suddenly started displaying a white screen with grey horizontal lines on it. I charged my phone before, and I put it on. Within 10 mins, it switched off again. So, I removed the battery from the device and left it like that for 20 mins. When I put the battery again, all I could see was the white screen with horizontal lines. I tried holding the power button, but to no avail. I haven't checked if my phone would work with a similar battery from someone else's phone. Do you think it could've been a battery problem? Would replacing the battery help? I read online that I may have to get the EMMC changed. But, is it possible to recover data from EMMC? I had a lot of files stored on the internal storage, which I didn't back up. Is there no way I can get the data back? All that I am concerned with is getting my internal memory data back. Any solutions? Please help, thanks!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. 2 days back, my phone suddenly started displaying a white screen with grey horizontal lines on it. I charged my phone before, and I put it on. Within 10 mins, it switched off again. So, I removed the battery from the device and left it like that for 20 mins. When I put the battery again, all I could see was the white screen with horizontal lines. I tried holding the power button, but to no avail. I haven't checked if my phone would work with a similar battery from someone else's phone. Do you think it could've been a battery problem? Would replacing the battery help? I read online that I may have to get the EMMC changed. But, is it possible to recover data from EMMC? I had a lot of files stored on the internal storage, which I didn't back up. Is there no way I can get the data back? All that I am concerned with is getting my internal memory data back. Any solutions? Please help, thanks!

Welcome to Android Central!

If the EMMC is bad then you may be out of luck. That is the main memory on the phone. Does the phone make any boot up sounds or anything when you power it on?