Difficulty answering calls in 5.0.2

A

AC Question

My mother's new phone has Android 5.0.2 (mine has 4.4.2). When her phone gets a call and the phone is in sleep mode the whole screen lights up with the caller ID at the top and a blue handset icon in the middle. Swipe that icon left and the call is declined, swipe it right and it's answered. All good.

But if the phone is active (not in sleep mode) here's what happens. A rectangular box appears at the top of the screen with the caller details, a decline button on the left and an answer button on the right. Pressing either of these buttons achieves nothing, they do not respond. Swipe left and the call is and declined. Swipe right and the box disappears and a small handset icon appears in the top left. Swipe down on this and the original rectangular box appears and the decline and answer buttons both work, ie press “answer” and the call is answered.

In other words to answer a call you must perform 3 actions. This cannot be right. I've looked on the internet and seen a few people with a similar problem but no actual solution.

Has anyone else experienced this and, importantly, could they rectify it back to a simple one action call answering procedure?

robertjamesc

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have exactly that problem, but I just tried to install an app called Large Call Screen and it did not work at all. I did this because I don't like the caller ID screen in general.

I'm sorry I can't exactly address your problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm