Upgrade from S3 - S5 vs. S6 vs. S7

A

AC Question

It's been a good (almost) years with my trusty S3. I am considering getting a new phone - is there any compelling reason to choose one over the other (S5 vs. S6 vs. S7)? Or any of the Edge variants? I'll be using it mostly for mainstream everyday use and this would be a "quality of life improvement" so to speak.

S5 - $120
S6 - $300
S6 Edge - $340
S7 - $550

dhinakaran

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys, just to ask an extension of the OP's question (figured creating a new post will just fade away in quick time lol). I had previously been the owner of Galaxy S5, which surprisingly was the worst smartphone I ever used- the waterproofing was dubious, the phone went blank almost once a week and apps became extremely lag. I cannot be sure if this was due to Lollipop alone. I saw elsewhere on this forum that there were defective S5 devices out in the market that Samsung never owned up to- so it maybe that I was unlucky to have gotten one like that. My big question is, is there anyone out there who was similarly disappointed in their S5 and found S7 to be good enough to give Samsung a second chance?

dhinakaran

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your opinion. S5 was so disappointing that I gave up on Samsung altogether, using a LG G3 now which is superb. Was convinced that S7 will change my view on Samsung, but HTC also has come up with what looks like a winner in the 10 and G5 getting much more praise nowadays makes it all the more difficult for me to choose 1 out of the 3!