Recieve CA Root Certificate not installed when trying to open attachments in email?

A

AC Question

Cant open attachments or reply to any emails from my work on my phone. I can respond from home PC. Other emails with attachments from other emails i can open and reply to. I get a a notification whenever it fails that says CA Root Certificate not installed, I never had a problem with this it just started maybe 2 weeks. I really would appreciate any input. PS...my provider was no help

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Cant open attachments or reply to any emails from my work on my phone. I can respond from home PC. Other emails with attachments from other emails i can open and reply to. I get a a notification whenever it fails that says CA Root Certificate not installed, I never had a problem with this it just started maybe 2 weeks. I really would appreciate any input. PS...my provider was no help

Welcome to Android Central!

Are the emails digitally signed or anything like that?

IVLogan

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Yes but I didnt have this problem 2 weeks ago. Can view plain text from same emails. Anything with an Attachment I have to verify Signature and then Ill get the error message. TY for any advice

sheyo

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
I've been having the same/or similar issues since the first Marshmallow update. Anytime I receive an email with a digital signature (in this case a DOD signature), I cannot verify the signature ... and, thus, cannot open any associated attachments. It does not matter what type of attachment it is. I have attempted to install the DOD root certs and still cannot open the emails. It worked fine before the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech