Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - waterproof case???

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - I have a fish finder / chartplotter that networks to my tablet and I am worried about using my tablet in a boat out on the water. Sometimes it rains. Sometimes the waves are high and it splashes up over the bow. Can someone recommend a good case that would keep my tablet safe from rain and splashing water? I've looked on Amazon and other than the otterbox defender I cant find anything else. Certainly that's not all there is to offer in the form of water protection?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I doubt you'll find a water resistant/proof case. My suggestion would be to find a larger zip-lock storage bag that will accept your tablet and seal. This should work for you, no problem. Be sure not to leave in the sunlight, and only put in bag when you need to.

Hope this helps!

Chris

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Lifeproof has the closes thing you'll find to a waterproof case, and they have none for the Tablet. As H3aTeRzz says use plastic bags. Zip the tablet into one, then put it zipper-end first into a second one and zip it. (I've dropped phones protected like that overboard. With a tablet it probably won't float, so keep a net handy. (And check the bags without a tablet first - some brands of bags don't seal watertight.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12