Android Auto, Samsung S6 and 2016 Honda Civic

A

AC Question

I have two Samsung Galaxy S6 phones and I purchased a 2016 Honda Civic EX on Saturday. The integration of the phone, and the apps such as Google Maps was a huge factor in my purchase - Also currently have a Lexus with navigation and the navigation system is the most difficult car feature I've ever used -
Spent 3 hours back at the Honda dealership yesterday attempting to connect my Android phone(s) through Android Auto, to no avail. I contact both Honda, and Verizon today to be told that the 2016 Honda vehicles and Android Auto app will not work with the most recent upgrade to the operating system in the Android phones (6.0 Marshmallow) - You cannot "downgrade" your software system and ALL new phones will be automatically upgraded to the 6.0 OS upon activation.
I need help! My next move is to return the vehicle. I can't understand how a major car manufacturer has the stones to tell me - "You might have to wait for some kind of upgrade in a few months..."
Anybody have any suggestions? I'm all out of ideas (Have tried rebooting the vehicle's infotainment system, different cords, resetting the phone, everything...

BobGates

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I just got a 2016 Civic EX-T and it works with my Galaxy S7.

I should mention, did you make sure to set the USB on the phone to use the right protocol? I.e, not charging but MTP.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon