Why can't I retrieve emails once placed in folders?

A

AC Question

I place emails in folders so I can retrieve them easily on my phone or laptop. But when I try to view emails in the folders they are gone. This is not very useful when I'm not at home. I have auto-sync on for that email account. However, syncing the emails should allow them to be retrieved on my phone as well as the computer. The emails should not "disappear" on the cell phone. Help...

Cookielady2u

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I place emails in folders so I can retrieve them easily on my phone or laptop. But when I try to view emails in the folders they are gone. This is not very useful when I'm not at home. I have auto-sync on for that email account. However, syncing the emails should allow them to be retrieved on my phone as well as the computer. The emails should not "disappear" on the cell phone. Help...

Cookielady2u

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

It happens with all my email accounts. But I use yahoo mostly. And it happens with all the folders.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"Folders" in IMAP email are an artifact. They don't really exist, but the app shows them in folders. In POP3 email, the folders actually exist on the server. So which kind of accounts do you have? (Go to Yahoo [on the web and look in the settings.])

One other difference - when deleting email in POP3, it gets deleted. In IMAP it only gets deleted on the device (the phone, in this case), so you can open it on your PC to answer it.

Cookielady2u

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
"Folders" in IMAP email are an artifact. They don't really exist, but the app shows them in folders. In POP3 email, the folders actually exist on the server. So which kind of accounts do you have? (Go to Yahoo [on the web and look in the settings.])

One other difference - when deleting email in POP3, it gets deleted. In IMAP it only gets deleted on the device (the phone, in this case), so you can open it on your PC to answer it.

It is IMAP. Can it be changed to POP3?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995