I have a Verizon Note 5 (SM-N920V). Last week I received the Update notice and installed Android version 6.0.1. Since then, I have been unable to successfully play videos on YouTube or Netflix or download and install anything from the play store while connected to my home wifi network. Videos within Facebook play fine. I know my network is fine because all other devices have no issues. YouTube, Netflix and Play Store all work fine on 4g. So far I have tried Reset Settings and Reset Network Settings on my phone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Netflix and YouTube. HELP!!
    04-21-2016 03:05 AM
    Welcome
    See if this can help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html

Mav.
    04-21-2016 11:36 AM
    From what I've seen here, 6.0.1 has a wifi issue, and you'll have to wait for 6.0.2 (or whatever they call it) for fix.
    04-22-2016 11:45 AM
    I have identified the problem and found a solution. The problem is my router, the Netgear C6300 (combo router and modem). My phone is a Verizon Samsung Note 5. My wife has a Samsung Galaxy S6. Both worked fine on our home network until the new Marshmallow 6.0.1 was downloaded. Once the new software was installed in both phones, neither would connect to Netflix or You Tube and neither would download apps from Play Store from our home network. 4G worked fine. The solution is to set up a secure guest network in the router for the phones to access. For some reason they won't work on the regular 2.4GHz b/g/n or 5GHz a/n wifi networks. Here's what I did (from the User Manual):

Set Up a WiFi Guest Network
    A guest network allows visitors at your home to use the Internet without using your wireless
    security key. You can add a guest network to each wireless network: 2.4 GHz b/g/n and
    5.0 GHz a/n.
     To set up a guest network:
    1. Launch a web browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the
    network.
    2. Type http://routerlogin.net.
    A login window opens.
    3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
    The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and
    password are case-sensitive.
    The BASIC Home page displays
    4. Select Guest Network.
    5. Select any of the following wireless settings:
    • Enable Guest Network. When this check box is selected, the guest network is
    enabled, and guests can connect to your network using the SSID of this profile.
    • Enable SSID Broadcast. If this check box is selected, the wireless access point
    broadcasts its name (SSID) to all wireless stations. Stations with no SSID can adopt
    the correct SSID for connections to this access point.
    • Allow guest to see each other and access my local network. If this check box is
    selected, anyone who connects to this SSID can access your local network, not just
    the Internet.
    6. Give the guest network a name.
    The guest network name is case-sensitive and can be up to 32 characters. You then
    manually configure the wireless devices in your network to use the guest network name
    in addition to the main SSID.
    7. Select a security option.
    The WPA2 options use the newest standard for the strongest security, but some older
    computers and wireless devices cannot use it. NETGEAR recommends that you select
    the WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] radio button. This setting protects your WiFi
    network and lets computers and wireless devices connect to the WiFi network by using
    either WPA2 or WPA security.
    8. Click the Apply button.
    Your settings are saved.

I enabled the SSID broadcast and set my security to WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]. Both of our phones are working perfectly now on our home wifi network and we're still secure. The big question of the day for me is for Samsung: What did you add to the Marshmallow update that caused our phones to stop working on our home network? The only thing that changed was the phone software. Nothing in our wifi network changed.
    05-09-2016 02:26 AM
    I have a similar problem that started just recently. I think after I turned on Wifi-Calling in my (stock android 6.0.1) Verizon Note 5 it crippled the whole use of wifi! Noting internet related works in my phone with wifi on now, but everything works fine via Verizon lte. I have eliminated all other causes of this problem (checked home internet connection, checked to see if it was my home modem/router problem, checked if my phone's ip was being blocked, "forgot" the wifi networks and reconnected again). Finally I even Backup & Reset my phone. Everything worked fine for a day, but as soon as I turned Wifi-Calling on, same thing happened! Has anyone actually had wifi-calling on the Verizon Note 5 work right?
    10-23-2016 12:35 AM