How disable marshmallow wifi no internet check

A

AC Question

In marshmallow a 'feature' was introduced where when connecting to a WiFi network with no internet it will not auto connect. Unfortunately, networks and WiFi aren't all about internet. I have a private home network that I want to connect to over WiFi and am well aware that the network has no internet but I still want to connect to it automatically - I control my smart devices on this network e.g. hue lights etc. If I manually connect, after a short while a notification appears saying the network has no internet and do I want to stay connected. Regardless of my answer and whether I check the box about not asking again for the network, it'll never auto-connect and I have to manually connect every time, wait for the notification to appear and say I want to stay connected before it'll let me use the network. Can I disable this incredibly annoying 'feature'? Stock Nexus 6P.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You probably can't. You represent about 0.000001% of Marshmallow users. People normally connect to wifi to connect to the internet, so the phones are designed for that. You can probably write an app that captures the popup and answers "yes".

Scott Smith20

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
Any helpful response. I need to setup a wifi camera and it requires to connect to a wifi network it broadcasts to complete setup before it joins my wifi network and I can not stay connected long enough to configure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer