How to access pre-installed ringtones

A

AC Question

I would like to copy some ringtones from a Huawei H868 Glory (v 4.0.4) to another phone. Using the default file manager on the phone, ES File Manager, and istonSoft Android File Manager on my pc, I'm not able to see the /system directory under which I assume the default ringtones would be found. Do I need to root the phone ? And, if so, does the root utility need to be specific to the Huawei?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The default ringtones are installed onto the /system partition. You don't have access to that unless you have rooted your device. Does the new device not have that same default ringtone you are looking for?

arbest7189

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response. New device (zte whirl 2) does not have the same ringtone for incoming call, and also doesn't have the same ringtone for the pre-installed Clock alarm. Not a huge deal, but would be nice to keep these sounds I'm used to. That was my main question - whether I needed to root the old device to access the files. I found other posts here and in androidforums that talked about using file managers to get to files, but I was not seeing the system files using different file managers Once my new device is activated with Tracfone, I'll root the old device to get to the files.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers