Samsung Galaxy S5 won’t turn on unless the battery is pulled out and placed back in

A

AC Question

Hello, long time lurker. This morning something odd happened to my phone. I used my phone just fine last night, plugged it into my charger as usual, and then this morning, my phone was dead. I thought maybe the charger wasn't plugged in or something but that wasn't the case. I pulled the battery out, put it back in and it powered up just fine. Since then though, it will periodically die...not power down, just die. The screen is black and the phone is unresponsive. I have to then pull the battery out, put it back in and then turn the phone on. Also, I thought I would monitor it while it was charging and twice (out of maybe 5-6 times) it froze on the red Verizon screen with a blue indicator light on. Again, had to take the battery out and put it back in to get it working again. I followed the only other advice I was able to find on thedroidguy but that didn't help. Any thoughts??

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
If the battery is a bit loose it can do that. I would clean the terminals on phone and battery and put a bit of bluetack or tissue behind the battery to push the battery onto the terminal (and stop it moving). I had to do that to my old S5... worked a treat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia