issue- move photos from picasa to gallery & delete picasa. having a LOT of trouble working it out

A

AC Question

issue- move photos from picasa to gallery & delete picasa. having a LOT of trouble working it out

i am trying to move my photos from picasa to normal gallery and get rid of picasa altogether. picasa will not let me delete photos or move them. i don't want to delete all of the photos but i don't want to use picasa either.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: issue- move photos from picasa to gallery & delete picasa. having a LOT of trouble working it ou

Welcome to Android Central! Picasa represents photos that have been backed up to your Google Photos in the cloud. Do you want those photos saved locally? If it isn't crucial to keep the photos locally, I'd just keep them in the cloud and let the phone access them that way.

If you really don't want to see your cloud photos, then go to Settings>Accounts-Samsung, and uncheck Picasa or Gallery. That should prevent Picasa photos from showing up in the Gallery. In order for them to show up in your "normal gallery," those photos have to be saved to the phone's local storage, which means manually downloading those cloud photos to the phone. You can use the Google Photos app to do this. But I would strongly recommend taking advantage of the ability to back up all of your photos to the cloud, because phone storage does not last forever, and I see too many posts here about people who lose precious photos without ever backing them up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy