When I connect my S7 to my wifi, it randomly will cause the internet to cut out from the router. All devices connected to the router loses internet connectivity and the Internet light on the router shows it's out. When I disconnect the S7, it starts working again within 5 seconds. The issue can show up within a minute or two of connecting to wifi or it may work for a few hours before happening.

I had a Netgear R6300V2, but thought switching routers may help so I purchased a Linksys WRT1900ACS. This issue occurs about the same frequency on both routers. We are in a rural area with no other wifi signals in range. I've tried using both the 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz bands. I've tried using static ip to make sure there is not an ip conflict.

I also have bluetooth disabled on my phone and have tried clearing the Bluetooth Share cache and wiping my phone's cache partition.

Has anybody else encountered this issue? In searching through the forums I've only found people having issues staying connected to their wifi (not losing internet to the router) and one issue that sounded similar from 2012 but never had an answer.
    04-25-2016 10:48 AM
    I had the same issue with a Samsung S7 taking down the internet for everyone else on our router whenever the wifi was turned on. I don't know why it happens and I wasted a lot of time figuring out it was the S7 causing the problem and trying various stuff from forums (turn off this or that setting).

In the end, the solution for me was simple: Apply a firmware update to my router. I had not looked at my router's admin page in a while and the update notice was right there waiting to be applied. Now everything is functioning as expected including the S7.

I don't know the real cause of these issues or even what changed between the router's old firmware and the new one, but this is where I would start if a Samsung S7 is taking down your internet.

I have a d-link router: DIR-880L, but it seems this may occur on several brands of routers.

Good luck!
    04-29-2016 02:01 PM
    I have the same issue, I think the s7 Edge uses so much wifi that it overheats and shuts down, but I cannot confirm.
    01-02-2017 10:10 PM