How to restore critical deleted files?

A

AC Question

I recently went through my files and thought I was just deleting some bloatware. I went to update some of my apps, and found I am unable to download new content (error code: -501), am no longer able to open Word documents (unfortunately I do not remember what I had used prior), and unable to figure out what critical thing I managed to delete. Thank you for all of your help!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Factory Reset DELETES things you've added, it doesn't add things you've deleted.

If it was a Word document, ANY app that opens Word documents will work. I use a paid app, but there are plenty of free ones. Try this link.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Your apps will be in the Play Store listed under My Apps
Turn on these settings in the screen shot. If you have an SD card, save everything you want to that. Or
Download Google Photos App and upload all photos to it. Upload any files you want to keep to Google Drive. Export your contacts to Google Drive if they are saved in your phone and not your Google account.
Depending on which app you use for texting, you may have the option to save your texts to the cloud. If not you can install an app which will save your texts.
Or
You can enable USB Debugging in Developer options, connect your phone to your PC and save everything that way.

Attachments

• 1461811088433.jpg
    1461811088433.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 5