Virus attempting to get on my Samsung GS7 Edge

A

AC Question

Twice I've had a virus attempt to get into my phone via the Internet app and only that app. I could open Chrome and Google fine. The first time I was able to get rid of it but the second time I had to factory reset my phone. I have Webroot Secureanywhere and Sprint's Total Protection. Both were still scanning that my phone was protected. I also downloaded Malwarebytes anti-malware and scanned my phone with no threats detected. Now, I know that my phone wasn't infected because I didn't give the virus permission-did not click "ok" to move forward. But.....I now will never use the Internet app.

Wanted to through this issue out there and see if it's not just me.

Yurostar

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Twice I've had a virus attempt to get into my phone via the Internet app and only that app. I could open Chrome and Google fine. The first time I was able to get rid of it but the second time I had to factory reset my phone. I have Webroot Secureanywhere and Sprint's Total Protection. Both were still scanning that my phone was protected. I also downloaded Malwarebytes anti-malware and scanned my phone with no threats detected. Now, I know that my phone wasn't infected because I didn't give the virus permission-did not click "ok" to move forward. But.....I now will never use the Internet app.

Wanted to through this issue out there and see if it's not just me.

Yes I am having the same issue here too. As soon as I log into my phone via fingerprint or pin etc it automatically pops up eith these weird ads asking me to install a game and then takes me to the apl store or saying my device is infected. Best thing to do would probably be to call or visit samsung

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy