My tmobile galaxy s5 is 1yr and 8 days old and my speaker stopped working. Samsung says it's under their warranty still and is sending me a mailing label to send it in for warranty repair. What happens when they see that it's rooted? The software is fine, I believe they just need to replace the speaker. The phone was actually dropped in the toilet a couple months ago (still suffering ptsd from that haha). However, it shows no signs of water damage, as the two moisture stickers are still white, but I assume the speaker was damaged from that.

Would you still send it in, or replace the speaker yourself? I've seen a teardown video and it is doable. I'm fairly handy person and have the tools.
    04-29-2016 07:25 AM
    If they see that it's rooted they may just send it back to you since the warranty is voided.

When I used to work at Best Buy, the Samsung reps wouldn't even touch a rooted phone.
    If they see that it's rooted they may just send it back to you since the warranty is voided.

When I used to work at Best Buy, the Samsung reps wouldn't even touch a rooted phone.
    04-29-2016 08:03 AM
    is it...??
    i don't think so...
    it just an hardware problem... the rooted issue only affect in software repair
    04-30-2016 12:41 AM
    Just saying the reps are idiots, I uproot it and they never have said anything. I won't say the store, nor will your geek squad, in fact not will my carrier, I uproot it before I turn it in, plus it doesn't void your warrenty, that violates federal law, all you have to do is take them to small claims court and prove rooting wasn't the problem, if you dropped it in the toilet it isn't a software issue, it's a hardware issue which means it will be fixed if they refuse threaten to sue, and ask for there legal information, they cant refuse, take note and take them to small claims court, they don't send lawyers as the cost of that is more than fixing the phone. Every company has to fix your device if you paid for a warranty.
    08-08-2018 08:28 AM