Galaxy s7 screen won't rotate and setting is missing

A

AC Question

It was working fine a few days ago suddenly my screen won't rotate and the setting to turn it on and off is gone.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I assume you're looking for it in the settings, why it would be missing I'm not sure, but have you looked in the quick settings. Use two fingers to pull down your notifications and if added try manipulating from there. If not see if you can add it by customizing your quick setting toggles. Usually the note pad and pen upper right.

Drsdarjr00

May 5, 2016
Visit site
It just happened to me , slide down from the top of your phone, all your one touch icons there, you will see portrait touch that to turn auto rotate back on. Hopefully that the problem.

Jared Egbert

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
After you swipe down, there is an icon that says portrait. Tap that and it will change to rotate. Who ever thought it was a good idea to change the label needs to be shot. Very confusing and not intuitive at all.

wr3ck00n

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
It just happened to me , slide down from the top of your phone, all your one touch icons there, you will see portrait touch that to turn auto rotate back on. Hopefully that the problem.

I've spent the last two weeks thinking I was crazy. I was not at all seeing that as a lock portrait mode button, I was only seeing that auto rotate wasn't there. So this fixed it of course. Thank you so much.

Beev19

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Dude I was just getting ready to do a hard reset until I just found your portrait setting fix. So simple yet misleading. I would have lost so much data. U saved my butt.
Thank you! :)

LesTom1

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
My S7 has just stopped auto rotating and the toggle is active in the quick settings menu (the portrait icon is not active) how do a hard reset? And will I lose anything if I do it.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
My S7 has just stopped auto rotating and the toggle is active in the quick settings menu (the portrait icon is not active) how do a hard reset? And will I lose anything if I do it.
Yes, a hard reset, if by that you mean a factory reset, would wipe all personal data not backed up beforehand. Try first a Cache Partition wipe, which will not do that, but which may fix the problem.