My Galaxy s7 edge works great, except one thing. Whenever I turn on the hotspot capability, the internet connection is incredibly slow for the devices I connect to it. I am getting full 4G reception. I had the exact same problem with my Galaxy S5. My provider is AT&T. Is there anything I can do to speed up the connection? I am trying to stream Netflix but the video has to stop to load every minute or so.
    05-02-2016 08:21 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I don't believe there is a way to speed things up. What is your speeds in your area? You can test with an app called Speedtest, by Ookla. Careful when using this. The packets they send are about 25-50 MB, which if you do a lot of tests, can add up pretty quick.
    05-02-2016 09:21 AM
    And, if AT&T is throttling tethered packets (packets coming from or going to a device not the phone), it's going to be even slower.

BTW, expect about half the speed on the tethered device that you get on the phone. It has to receive a packet, then transmit it to the tethered device, which can take twice as long as the phone just receiving packets.
    05-02-2016 06:50 PM
    My connection speed varies from time to time. I'm an over-the-road truck driver so I find myself in a different part of the US pretty much every day. But this is a problem that I have no matter where I am. Even if I am getting full 4G reception, when I tether my laptop to my phone, the internet on my laptop runs extremely slow. I know that the laptop is fine though, because when I connect it to other wifi networks the internet speed is very fast. Any idea why I am having this problem?
    05-04-2016 04:56 PM