How do I get it back to normal?

A

AC Question

I got a "new" Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 inch from my sister who had a friend who works in Samsung who hooked her up. I started to use it and noticed I really just did not like TouchWiz and the Samsung "conviniency apps" were taking up way too much space. I called up my friend who had worked for a company that fixed broken tech and had produced reliable results for peers of mine and asked him for some help. I asked him to root it, take off TouchWiz, and put on stock android, which I assumed he could do since he told me he could.

He came back to me saying he coulded find stock android(?) and will use a custom preformance rom (which he trusts) to boot the device.

When I got the tablet back he gave me a receipt for $35 and of course my tablet. I booted it up and already noticed problems. In the notifications bar there are 2 notifications "Software Update" and "SuperSU binary update" also thare were a second set of on screen buttons (along with the soft-touch ones on the device) and the device was running android 4.4.2. Both his custom rom and TouchWiz are now on the device. I assume I should at least try to update SU and see what happens. Every time I try to boot/wake up the device Settings crash, Android crashes and I'm just generally annoyed by the interface. The Wi-fi doesn't so much as turn on so I can't do anything (including trying to update) and I need to fix it or my sister will be disappointed. I tried System Factory Reset which unfortunatelt did not work.

Next I give it back to my friend who I am sort of angy at this point since he wants to charge me more for the problems he's caused. He asks me for a back-up which I never made (probably should have) and then says he can still fix it. After a month he gives it back to me and says he had flashed his own Samsung S4 back-up onto the device and the Wi-fi works now. I booted it up again and nothing had changed, I doubt he even looked at it at this point and I need a solution. If someone could please walk me through what to do I would be very grateful I just want to be able to use my tablet again.

(after further examination the custom rom is gone now but it still will not connect to wi-fi and is having all the same problems as before)

Thank you I would accept any tips.