Why can't I log into my Google Account all of a sudden?

A

AC Question

I have enjoyed my Samsung Galaxy Tablet 3 Lite up until recently, when, as if out of nowhere, my device decided that I was unworthy of the Google Play Store. I searched far and wide on the internet and have found various solutions, none of which have worked (I will admit, however, that I may simply be too much of a moron to do them correctly), which has brought me to factory reset my device. This seemed like a good idea at the time, and even slightly after when my device powered on after the reset, but when I was given the choice of logging into my Google account (Given the choice between "Existing" and "New") I am able to select the "Existing" button and enter my information, but when I attempt to act further a screen appears "Signing In" and then shortly after is replaced by "Couldn't sign in; Can't establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem. Try again or connect to another Wi-Fi network." and then, upon clicking "Next" it takes me back to the screen to select my wifi network and the process repeats endlessly. I initially thought that it was just bad timing, and so I tried continuously for longer than I'd like to admit with different networks and accounts, but nothing ever changed, and now I am here honestly disappointed that my marvelous device has become utterly useless due to an issue I don't even know. Please help.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi - the first thing to do would be to establish a strong WiFi connection and try again. Have you recently changed your Google password? try logging into Gmail on a PC using the details you think are correct - does it let you?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try using a different wi-fi network as well. If it works on a different network, then there may be an issue with your home router. You might have to log into the router settings and try disabling IPv6.

Johnathon Frost

May 4, 2016
Visit site
The 2-step verification is of no use in this matter, as I can't even login to my google account on the device. Anything where a google account on the device is required is impossible, as I cannot access said account on the device. I honestly don't know what could be wrong but I assure You that it is not something to do with Wifi, Routers, or connection strength. I can say that I have tried everything I have been able to find on the internet at least once, and I am still clueless.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The 2-step verification is of no use in this matter, as I can't even login to my google account on the device. Anything where a google account on the device is required is impossible, as I cannot access said account on the device.

That needs to be done on a different device. You could also create a new Google account and see if you can use it to log in.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As I said I have tried with several accounts, wifi connections, and I am fine on every other stance, it is simply the tablet which isn't working as far as I know

Sorry, I missed that in my initial reading!

If you have 2-step authentication turned on for your Google account, turn it off temporarily. This can sometimes interfere when you're trying to log back into a device.

Also, did you recently change your Google password online? If so, then you'd have to wait for 72 hours before you can log back into the device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20