What is the best flashlight app for Android?

A

AC Question

could you suggest me the best torch light app for android mobile

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Beyond turning on the flash LED, what features are you looking for? Simply turning on the flash LED can be accomplished (in Marshmallow anyway) by utilizing the "flashlight" icon in the quick settings pull-down which is also accessible from the lock screen.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Beyond turning on the flash LED, what features are you looking for? Simply turning on the flash LED can be accomplished (in Marshmallow anyway) by utilizing the "flashlight" icon in the quick settings pull-down which is also accessible from the lock screen.
Some phones didn't have a noticeable way to access flashlight. My workplace gave a Galaxy V which for the longest time I thought didn't have a flashlight. Apparently there was a torch widget and that was the only way to access it. It was the same on my Note 2.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I use Power Toggles, for the flashlight and different switches. You can create a widget on your home screen or place the toggle in the notification shade so it can be accessed even from the lock screen. Pretty handy.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Power Toggles is awesome. TeslaLed also has an excellent reputation.

Be careful with 3rd party flashlight apps--there are a ton of them, and quite a few of them have historically been associated with adware, annoyingware, or straight up malware. Pay very close attention to permissions that are requested--a simple flashlight app should only request Camera permission (since the LED flash is part of the Camera). It should not be requesting permission for your contacts, files, account information, calls, network information, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan