Dim Galaxy S4 startup screen

A

AC Question

I've looked all over for an answer to this. Everything I've found is on dimming the screen while using the phone. I'm trying to find a way to dim the screen when it's booting up. After the initial Samsung logo, there's the AT&T logo on a super bright white screen. If booting up in a dimly lit place it can light up the whole room. I don't always want the room to light up. I'm rooted and have stopped the startup sound. I just can't figure out how to tone that glaring screen down.

Char Fox

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
What if you don't have pockets? LOL Shoot, I figured if you could remove the logo from startup you could control that screen. But this may be why I haven't been able to find the answer.

I'm not a programmer, just stubborn. So I probably will keep trying to find a way to do it until I figure it out or until I toss this thing in the dumpster.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Think if you root it then you should be able to change the boot screen, if it is that critical to you. You might not be able to make it dimmer but at least make it black so it wouldn't glare as much.

Char Fox

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm already rooted but haven't found a way to dim it or even make it black. Either is preferable. Especially if you may be in a dark room with others you don't want to disturb and you need to reboot, that glaring white lights up the whole room. There's been times even accidentally pressing against the pwer button without knowing it and having the phone reboot. I've done that. On those late nights trying to use my cell and nodding off holding the power button. You get a very quick and rude awakening a moment later. LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01