So i have rooted my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G351F by basically installing a custom,already rooted,rom (cm-11-20160115-SNAPSHOT-XNH0E0O00N-i9300).First 2-3 weeks or so were great,but after that my battery started draining really fast.I don't keep my 3G on,i don't have SYNC on,I use Greenify,close all the apps and I try to keep the luminosity to minimum. But even so,i let it LITERALLY sit to do nothing,screen locked and in 2-3 hours,my battery is already down 25-30%. Can anyone help me?
    Attached Thumbnails Why is my battery draining so fast after i rooted my phone?-screenshot_2016-04-07-22-36-57.png   Why is my battery draining so fast after i rooted my phone?-screenshot_2016-04-07-22-37-02.png   Why is my battery draining so fast after i rooted my phone?-screenshot_2016-04-07-22-47-28.png  
    05-08-2016 03:01 AM
    Have you checked with the ROM developers? They usually have a thread in XDA. The ROM you installed may have issues.
    05-08-2016 04:06 AM
    Rooting has nothing to do with battery drain (it's just one little file that gives root access to apps that ask for it (none of the apps that come with the phone do) and a little app that controls which apps can get it (by your saying Yes).

I DO notice that your mobile signal is almost always yellow or red, meaning weak to non-existent, and that causes a lot of battery drain (if the signal is weak coming in, it's going to be weak at the tower from the phone, so crank the phone up to maximum transmit power - which costs a lot of battery). You're also using a lot of screen time (over 5 hours - a lot of people would like to get that) but you're draining the battery FAR below the minimum allowed - 40%. A few months of that and you'll be lucky to get a couple of hours of screen time.
    05-08-2016 06:16 PM
    Rooting has nothing to do with battery drain (it's just one little file that gives root access to apps that ask for it (none of the apps that come with the phone do) and a little app that controls which apps can get it (by your saying Yes).

I DO notice that your mobile signal is almost always yellow or red, meaning weak to non-existent, and that causes a lot of battery drain (if the signal is weak coming in, it's going to be weak at the tower from the phone, so crank the phone up to maximum transmit power - which costs a lot of battery). You're also using a lot of screen time (over 5 hours - a lot of people would like to get that) but you're draining the battery FAR below the minimum allowed - 40%. A few months of that and you'll be lucky to get a couple of hours of screen time.
    So you're saying I should not let my phone discharge lower than 40%? Also,I don't have a lot of signal where I leave-Romania and the mobile provider isn't so good here,so I guess I'll have to leave with it.I noticed you said 5hrs on-time is a lot,but I don't think it is.When i firstly got the phone,it would last almost 2 days with like 15-20 hrs on-screen time,but after I rooted it,it started lasting less and less
    So,what should I do?
    05-12-2016 01:27 AM
    So you're saying I should not let my phone discharge lower than 40%?
    You should not let ANY lithium battery discharge lower than 40% until they start selling deep-discharge lithium batteries (which neither of us will live to see).

I noticed you said 5hrs on-time is a lot,but I don't think it is.When i firstly got the phone,it would last almost 2 days with like 15-20 hrs on-screen time,but after I rooted it,it started lasting less and less
    Not with a smart phone - most people here would be glad to get an 8 hour day on one charge. 15-20 hours? I can do that - if I keep the screen off all the time. The screen is one of the largest battery users. Rooting has nothing to do with battery life - it just adds one file and one app to the phone and, if you're not running a rooted app, neither one runs. (If the root method you used played some other games with the phone, "all bets are off", as we say in the US. There's no way of knowing what it did.)
    05-12-2016 03:26 PM
    I didn't let it discharge under 40% in the last few days,I noticed a good change of battery life.Thanks for the advice.Do you happen to know if I can swap the battery with a bigger one?
    05-16-2016 02:06 AM