I am having ridiculous battery drain with Facebook App Installed

A

AC Question

Has anyone else with an LG G5 had issues with severe battery drain and the phone becoming extremely hot? The issue started Friday May 6th for me. I was noticing that my battery was going from a full charge to being completely dead within as little as 3 hours time! That was with only 8 minutes of screen-on time. Thankfully I had just received my free extra battery with external charger so I was able to keep the phone going (barley.) After uninstalling nearly every app I finally pin pointed it to Facebook. Since uninstalling I now have 6 hours since my last charge with 35 minutes of screen time, and 89% battery.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Awhile ago, over a month ago, it was found that Facebook was draining batteries even though it showed very little usage when looking in battery stats. So I'm not at all surprised you discovered what you discovered. The problem was that FB updated their app or something like that. Perhaps they updated again and messed something up again. The only thing you can do is uninstall FB and reinstall it to see if it'll start acting right.

Last edited: