How to change a shortcut icon on Nexus 6P?

A

AC Question

I want to change the icon of a shortcut on my Nexus 6P, got Icon Changer for that. But the shortcut I want to change doesn't appear in Icon Changer's list, not under shortcuts nor apps. The ugly shortcut is on the home screen of the Nexus. Someone told me Icon Changer doesn't recognize the shortcut. So what do I do now? Besides Icon Changer, I also have Quick Shortcut Maker, but my shortcut is also not showing up in their list of apps and shortcuts either.

So what do I do now? The shortcut is an ugly brown square, I want it to be prettier than that. :)

Audrey

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I have Nova Launcher, but still don't know what to do. Can I get any guidance with that?

Welcome to the forums! Try this. Long press on the shortcut, select edit and tap on the shortcut icon in the edit window. Now you can select from the icon packs installed in your phone or from any picture in your gallery apps. Tell us how it goes or if you had any problems with the process.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey helpful folk, Any idea why this wouldnt work on my Moto X Style?

Running Android 6.0, using Action Launcher

Help a brother out..
I have a 6p on 7.1.1 using Action Launcher Beta. I just long press on the icon shortcut on my home screen and a small window pops up>tap the icon in that window and have options to choose from to change it .
It doesn't show that for you ?