I DID have 30GB of lifetime free cloud storage with Microsoft OneDrive, but they've decided to reduce that to 5GB now, so I'm reviewing my camera roll backup process.

I thought "if Microsoft think they can get away with that, I'll see what Google has to offer". I've since discovered that Google Drive give away unlimited storage for photos under 2000-odd pixels height/width and 15GB for everything else. FANTASTIC. I fully expected Google's offering, on a Google phone (operating system anyway), to be a significant improvement over Microsoft's solution.

Unfortunately... I can't find a way to get the "Photos" app or the "Drive" app on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to upload my photos in the background. They only seem to upload when I'm looking at the "Photos" app - or possibly when I leave it running in the background (which I would never do as I always close all background apps).

In case you're not aware, the OneDrive app automatically uploads photos (over wifi if you choose that option) the moment a photo is taken. It can be seen on OneDrive moments later, regardless of if you opened the app or not.

Is it possible to get a Google app to do this to "Drive"? Have I missed something? Should I stick with my significantly reduced OneDrive solution?

Advice much appreciated!

Thanks

Ali
    05-10-2016 04:43 AM
    Actually... it IS working now. Does it only work when your phone is locked? I didn't lock my phone for more than a few seconds when testing earlier.
    05-10-2016 05:32 AM
    I use one drive and pay for storage. It is cheap and syncs easily to my computers and Xbox.
    05-10-2016 05:45 AM