Inline vol/mic on Apple EarPods (or other iOS-specific headphones) functioning on HTC 10

A

AC Question

Some companies, such as Bose, sell two versions of their popular headphones, one for iOS devices, another for Android devices. Supposedly in the inline mic/volume control will only work for the specific device you choose.

In the past, I've had some luck with getting iOS-branded headphones to work on Android devices. Is that the case with the HTC 10 (for cross-comparability) or is an Android-branded headphone the better way to go?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Assume a 4 pole round plug (not the Apple flat multipin plug) the earphones and mic will usually work (the earphones will, the mic should be the standard Apple/Android pin 3 to ground connection, so it should work also. The switches? They may or may not work, The same with any volume controls.

Which is better? I usually go by feel in my ear, not by what it's made for, since I wouldn't use the switches or VCs anyway. If you do, stick with Android made for the HTC. (Android made for Samsung may also have problems with the switches or volume controls.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995