Just got Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, No Voicemail ICON or Visual Voicemail option.

A

AC Question

Just got the S7 Edge, there is no voicemail ICON in my phone menu or settings. I press Phone Icon on the homescreen, and at the bottom is only gives me Video Call, Green Call Button and Hide at the bottom. Per everything I've seen online, the Voicemail Icon is supposed to be next to the Video Call Icon.

My voicemail is working, and I get notifications when I receive one. Visual Voicemail is something I got used to using the S6 Edge Plus.

Please advise.

dm106

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I also, just received a new Galaxy S7 Edge....same thing...no voicemail icon or visual voicemail option.

I broke the screen on my first S7 Edge and this is a replacement BUT it was a brand new phone in the box...on the phone with Sprint now and they are clueless!

J Half

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. I recently replaced my old phone with an unlocked Galaxy S7 Edge purchased directly from Samsung so I could avoid bloatware. I've never used Visual Voice Mail before but apparently VZ (my carrier) makes that the default VM system on their end for this handset. Since I didn't have the VZ app on my phone, the indicators didn't work. I chatted with a VZ tech via the VZ site and she switched my phone to the basic VM system and the indicators (visual tape icon and notifier sound) work like a charm now. I don't know if changing the VM system type is something I could have switched on my own via the VZ site, but the tech got it handled anyway. I hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo