Is it possible to remove the 32 GB Flash memory and place it into another LG G4?

A

AC Question

Is it possible to remove the Toshiba THGBMFG8C4LBAIR 32 GB Flash memory and place it into another LG G4??

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes, if it isn't configured as adoptable storage. If the device from which you are removing the card doesn't have the marshmallow update on it, the card probably is not configured as adoptable storage. There should be a setting to unmount the card before removing it from your device. Go to your phone settings under storage and click on unmount SD card. That makes the card inaccessible to the device so you won't corrupt the data on the card when you physically remove it from the device. The easiest way is to just turn off the phone and then remove the card.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're talking about the storage on the motherboard, yes, but you're not experienced enough if you have to ask the question. You should have at least 3 years of replacing SMD devices before you even think of it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That model number is in fact for an onboard ROM memory chip, and not an SD card. As Rukbat indicated, you'd need a lot of technical expertise to do this. It might actually be a little easier to transfer the whole motherboard.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As Rukbat indicated, you'd need a lot of technical expertise to do this.
More than that. Even with my eyes (20/15 without a magnifier), my hands aren't steady enough any more to attempt something like that. I used to. I'm just too old now. (I said 3 years to be nice - 10 would have been closer.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2