Each time the browser app is started I get a pop up telling me my phone is severely damaged by (45.5%) browser trojan viruses.
    If I click on the link to clean phone it directs me to Google play store to download 360 app security.... Before I downloaded anything I ran my avg protection app and it found no viruses. Also used the phones virus scanner and that came up clean too...

The pop up has a couple of silly typos and looks dodgy especially the Google play bit at top...
    I am reluctant to reset my phone as not had it long at all, the phone is a galaxy s7 edge.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated as I can't seem to get rid of this pop up. It only happens when I open the Internet with the browser tab.
    05-12-2016 12:07 PM
    05-12-2016 12:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's a scare ad that is trying to convince you to install a security app that you don't need. The ad itself is most likely related to the website that the browser is set to by default--what site is it going to? Try going to the App Manager, select the browser, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open the browser again and see if that ad pops up again.
    Rukbat likes this.
    05-12-2016 04:22 PM
    And never ever click on any links inside this stuff. Ever. If you back out of the browser using home button, kill browser using recently used button, try again. If you must, go to the play store from the phone itself and get anti malware app... i don't even touch the exit button in these ads/popups... run away!!!
    B. Diddy and Rukbat like this.
    05-12-2016 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD