What is this process using up all my battery?

A

AC Question

There is this weird process that shows up when you go into the battery page in the settings. The process is called 10231 and is using around 50% of my battery according to that page. I have no idea what that process is and it would be great if someone could explain it to me.

I have a galaxy s7 edge Art variant

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
There are different possible causes for that and usually it is just a temporary glitch. Have you recently updated the system or deleted any app? Try just a restart, if it doesn't disappear it will with the next full charge. I wouldn't worry, for now.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
50% is 50% of the amount of battery being used, not 50% of your battery. If 2% of the battery is being used, that app is using 1%. It's possible, especially if the phone is fairly new.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I think those battery stats values depend on the Android version and the OEM. Since Lollipop stock battery stats show absolute percentages in some phones. That's the case with Motorola or Nexus, for example. Not sure if it changed in Samsung devices as well or if they are still showing relative values.