There is an opaque little house icon on my bottom left screen

A

AC Question

There is an opaque little house on the bottom left of my screen, i took a screenshot but it didnt show up there when i zoomed in, it looks like a dying pixel, should i be worried? It shows faintly on my screen and im scared

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What phone do you have? And was there a "little house" on the screen a lot, where this shadow is?

Can you take a picture with a different camera to show us what you're seeing that isn't coming out in a screenshot?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could see it more easily. Can you edit the shot and add a circle or arrow to show where it is? Or is it more visible on a different background?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You know, that doesn't look like any kind of icon, so I doubt it's screen burn-in. It looks more like an actual screen defect. The phone's warranty should still be valid (unless there has been some sort of accidental damage sustained at some point), so as belodion suggested, contact Samsung for warranty repair.

OhIts_You

May 15, 2016
Visit site
You know, that doesn't look like any kind of icon, so I doubt it's screen burn-in. It looks more like an actual screen defect. The phone's warranty should still be valid (unless there has been some sort of accidental damage sustained at some point), so as belodion suggested, contact Samsung for warranty repair.

i think i will do that when summer starts, wouldn't like to be without my phone then.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a more magnified image that belodion sent me, I can now see more clearly what you're referring to (at first, I thought it was that screen smudge you were referring to). It still suggests some sort of screen burn-in, so no change in my recommendation.