How to make @# symbols easy to access in social media apps

A

AC Question

On samsungs keyboard you have to go into symbols to reach the @# signs where as when u go into the social media apps on the iPhone the symbols are there easy to hit? Hope this makes sense.Would anybody know if I can make my @ and # more easy to tap when using social media apps? I came from iphone to s7 edge

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Apart from using a different keyboard, I don't think you can. Some other keyboards like Swiftkey offers dual functionality per key. For example I use Swiftkey, and the 'S' key also doubles as a # key if you long press it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Programmers keyboard is a full keyboard (like on a PC) in landscape mode, so Alt-0176 is a little degree symbol. Alt-222 is a tongue sticking out (I think it's really an Icelandic letter.) So memorize the codes for the few symbols you need and type them in that way.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
As chanchan05 said SwiftKey offers double functionality for most keys. Also, Google keyboard includes a nice trick. Long press the '123' key to change the keyboard and slide to the symbol you want to type. It works great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae