Stuck on Clockwork recovery HTC One M8

A

AC Question

My htc one m8 is stuck on the clockworkmod recovery screen,
i just have no idea what i am supposed to do to get my phone back working again,
i have spen 3 days trawling through the internet and is till cant come up with how to get my phone back to stock,
i have tried most things but its still not working

Liam_89

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply,
I can't connect the phone to my pc as its not being recognised, even with htc sync installed,
I have tried putting roms onto micro sd card and installing from there but nothing will work,
Basically the phone won't boot into the operating system as I believe there isn't one there,
The only thing that is on the phone is clockworkmod recovery,
It will startup into the menu with the fastboot options etc... And it says unlocked
I just don't know what to do
I have no backup and no roms will work
I have tried various different downloads and still nothing
I just can't get it to boot up at all
It starts up to a white screen with HTC logo and red developer writing at the bottom but that's it
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really am stuck and don't know what I can do
Thanks

PS: I did not do any of this as I have no clue what I am dong, I purchased the phone like this with the hope that It would be as easy as just reinstalling android, but that's not the case
I am an iPhone convert and this is supposed to be my first android device,
Wouk be great to get it working as I currently have no phone and I'm new to android

Liam_89

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Yes I can get into the bootloader,
If you mean the white screen with the options on and the device id numbers etc...
To fastboot etc,
And can boot to clockwork mod,
I have tried using on my pc but it's not working
I have tried to instal stock roms from my micro sd and still nothing
I jaunts don't know what to do it's like nothing works

Liam_89

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I bought the phone on eBay in this condition
And the carrier is unknown
But looking at the radio id number then I'm assuming it's Vodafone uk
Which is the network I have my sim contract with,
I have tried the rru for the Vodafone Id number and it's still not working
I have tried to instal custom roms to try and get it going and this still won't work
Just seems like nothing will
Thanks again for taking the time to help me

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
A backup cannot be installed via fastboot directly, but a clean install can be installed via fastboot such as fastboot flashall that we use for factory images. However this would not be for a typical ROM install, which would use a .zip, it'd be for an unpacked factory image.

It sorta sounds like USB debugging may not be enabled - but it also sounds like the drivers aren't installed properly for the PC, because the PC should see something - even if it doesn't realize it's a phone that it can send commands to. In order to be able to return the phone to stock, it doesn't need a current OS - but it does need USB debugging enabled, S-OFF and on the M8 you can only do these commands through a USB 2.0 port.

But once you have the RUU you need, the files should be there - but you should expect to see a few "failed" messages.

Basically you'd use:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip insert location of your RUU.zip

Then you get a FAILED message and it'll reboot

and after it reboots enter:

fastboot flash zip insert location of your RUU.zip
fastboot reboot

Disclaimer: I don't have an M8 to test this on. And all the usual stuff people usually say when they warn you not to blow up your device.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks assassin but without sounding stupid
I have absolutely no idea what that programme is for

The instructions for downloading and installing the SDK are there. Basically what we want out of it is the ability to access your phone with a command line terminal to use the fastboot interface and push files to it via USB. I'm checking with some friends to see if we have a good guide or go to location for detailed instructions. For now, this video seems pretty decent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ccUcPR2Mko

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz