So my mother fell into the lake, with her OG Moto X, last week. Everything works great... Except for the phone calls. She cannot make/receive them. When she dials a number, it says calling for five or ten secs, then it hangs up automatically. And calling the phone does nothing, or maybe there was an error message that the caller could hear, I can't remember exactly.

Things I know or have done:
    -Sim card and APN are fine. It does SMS/MMS, and mobile data works.
    -Did a factory reset.
    -I assume the antennas on the back are OK... As it does the texting/data.
    -Everything else on the phone works as it should.

Anyone have any ideas? I am about to crack this thing open to see if anything is obvious. But I'm not sure as to what to look for. What specifically, in the hardware, could cause this?

Thanks a ton,
    Patrick.
    05-17-2016 10:34 AM
    Probably water damage to the main board.... not exactly something that is easily or financially worth replacing I believe.
    05-17-2016 10:36 AM
    Water damage is always strange. One thing can be perfectly fine one minute and gone the next.
    05-17-2016 10:37 AM
    Probably water damage to the main board.... not exactly something that is easily or financially worth replacing I believe.
    I am thinking the same. I am hoping I will luck out here in a minute when I open it up. No matter what... I am going to have to replace it. Either the board or the phone. She likes the size and weight of the X. It fits in her bra without showing. And finding a different android phone that size, is near impossible nowadays. Not only that... I don't want her messing up my opo. 😀

Thanks for the quick response.
    05-17-2016 10:54 AM
    Water damage is always strange. One thing can be perfectly fine one minute and gone the next.
    I am surprised it does anything. It was two feet under water for at least a minute. The micro coatings work better than I expected.
    05-17-2016 10:56 AM