Why can't I send any text messages on my Samsung J5?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi there! Are you able to receive text messages?

You can try turning on airplane mode then turn your phone off, turn your phone back on and then turn airplane mode back off.

Another option would be to enter recovery mode, and do a wipe of the cache partition.

Let us know if this helps!

Roni Johnson

May 21, 2016
Visit site
I can't send text messages either.

I saw someone suggest trying the airplane mode on and off but I have to do it when I send every text message to get it to send. Other wise it says it failed to send. BTW, I can receive them just fine.

I also saw while searching about looking for the message center phone number but when I went to where it should be the "message center" option isn't even listed.

It just started happening the last month or so. Prior to that I could send w/o trouble.

elfinawe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I have the same problem and spent hours looking for & trying fixes. Its not a network problem Can send vis FB Messenger. Have cleared cache, disables/enables app, removed battery. Has happened before intermittently. Any other ideas? Thanks!

jevalladares

Samsung Galaxy S6 Champion
Q&A Team
Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

Make sure Push notifications is active on your standard messaging app attached is an image of the settings options. You can find it opening the messaging app, then selecting more settings and selecting the last option named "more settings". Also make sure notifications is turned on.
Screenshot_20170124-210948.jpg

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please update with screen shots of the problem.

have a good day

Erasmo

Last edited:

RoseNR

Aug 12, 2017
Visit site
Good day. I can make a call, I can recieve sms and calls but I cant send an sms. I already tried everything. I noticed I dont have a message centr. What should I do? Pls help