HTC One M8 screen not working/allowing me to swipe

A

AC Question

Hey, so my HTC One M8 charging point failed on me so I went to a shop and got it replaced and fixed. Great, my phone charges now which is what it wasn't doing.
Now, my screen is locked and I cannot swipe my unlock pattern in. I see there is the error triangle in the notifications, and I can tap the screen and get a response (backlight switches on as with gestures) but when I try to put my pattern in I get no response from the screen.
I've wiped the cache hoping that would work. And I have pictures on there that I cannot lose, so a factory reset is not possible unless its the only way.

Any ideas before I go back to the store tomorrow and demand a fix? I'm thinking in the process of replacing, they have touched something causing the digitiser to not work? (weird that I can tap it and get a response though).

Thanks

Shockracer

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey, so my HTC One M8 charging point failed on me so I went to a shop and got it replaced and fixed. Great, my phone charges now which is what it wasn't doing.
Now, my screen is locked and I cannot swipe my unlock pattern in. I see there is the error triangle in the notifications, and I can tap the screen and get a response (backlight switches on as with gestures) but when I try to put my pattern in I get no response from the screen.
I've wiped the cache hoping that would work. And I have pictures on there that I cannot lose, so a factory reset is not possible unless its the only way.

Any ideas before I go back to the store tomorrow and demand a fix? I'm thinking in the process of replacing, they have touched something causing the digitiser to not work? (weird that I can tap it and get a response though).

Thanks

I just went through a factory data reset and had this happen. I went into gesture settings and unchecked all the ones I used, then exited out and cleared it from running apps, restarted phone. Once booted back up and everything loaded, I went back into gestures and turn on the ones I used, exited out. Pressed the power button to turn off the screen, tried to wake it with a gesture and it worked!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo