Cannot connect to Public WiFi networks

A

AC Question

I use a Moto G. Since few weeks, when i try connecting to any public wifi network, the Captive Portal Login page does not open. My phone does not give me any notification to "Sign in to wifi network". Hence I'm unable to enter the user id and password.
Also if i try to open any website through chrome, it says "no internet connection".

My Captive Portal Login app - App Info shows 0.00B as storage memory. This seems to be the problem. It seems to have been deactivated/deleted. Hence I'm unable to use any public wifi network as i cannot enter the user ID and password anywhere.

smiffy61

May 20, 2016
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. My wife has connected with her iPhone but I connect connect with my moto. I have cleared cache , reset phone, forgot network, but nothing. There must be something disabled or deselected. Whatever it is, I have spent hours searching and can't find it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My Captive Portal Login app - App Info shows 0.00B as storage memory. This seems to be the problem. It seems to have been deactivated/deleted. Hence I'm unable to use any public wifi network as i cannot enter the user ID and password anywhere.

Welcome to Android Central! Is it listed as Disabled? If so, make sure to Re-enable it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol