Pairing Problems - Altec Lansing Bluetooth Everything Proof Freedom Earphones

PinkPuckeredLips

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I recently purchased the brand new MZX657 Altec Lansing Freedom bluetooth earphones. They are very cool, but I can't tell how cool because I can't get them to pair with my Samsung Galaxy S6 android device which is supposed to support bluetooth 4.1 or my old Apple 4s which supports at least BT 4.0. Has anyone successfully paired these earphones yet with any device? So far, Altec's tech support hasn't been any help whatsoever! Help!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am not familiar with those but usually pressing and holding the power button would put it into pairing mode. Then go into the Bluetooth settings on the phone to connect the device.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! Do you have the original manual for the earbuds?

This is from the Altec Lansing support site, which is just general help:

"A. Make sure your Bluetooth device is turned on and is on the discoverable mode, a blinking blue light denotes that the speaker is ready to accept connections.

B. Make sure your speaker is not already connected with another device (the easiest way to determine this is if you see a steady blue light in the center of the speaker).

C. If you want to connect with another device, disconnect the previously connected device and try pairing again.

D. If you had already paired your device and connection was successful prior but now your connection is failing or getting a connection error, unpair /forget device (for IOS devices) from your phone or mp3 player and pair again. Now try to connect.

E. If you are pairing the first device to the speaker, after you turn on the speaker and when you see a steady blinking blue light, select device model from the list of discovered Bluetooth devices to pair. If prompted for a password/pass code enter “0000”.

F. When you are turning ON the speaker for the first time it automatically tries to connect to the last paired device, if it cannot find the last paired device and you have paired multiple devices it will try to establish connection with the previously paired devices. If none of the paired devices are available to connect it will turn to a discoverable mode and this can take anywhere from 5 to 90 seconds. If you are trying to establish a connection during this time you will receive an error. Kindly wait for approximately 90 seconds, scan your MP3 player or phone to discover new devices in the Bluetooth manager screen of your device and select the model number from that list which you wish to pair. If prompted for a password/pass code enter “0000”.

G. If none of the above options work, please refer to your Owner’s Manual which came with your Altec product or contact our technical support line at 1.855.292.4087."

Ricardo Morales3

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
I am not familiar with those but usually pressing and holding the power button would put it into pairing mode. Then go into the Bluetooth settings on the phone to connect the device.

From what I read in other forums this is a common problem as I purchased them yesterday and was having the same issue.

Here's what you do.

Turn on both earbuds, once they are on turn them off with the - volume button(this is very important) I failed at least 10 times to pair them using the power buttons.

Once they are off, follow the process to pair them in the manual and that should do the trick.

It took me about 5 minutes with Altec tech support to figure it out and now they work just fine loud and clear.

Hope this helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463