Galaxy S7 won't delete pictures from SD card

A

AC Question

When I try to delete a file or multiple files from my SD card on my S7 it doesn't delete them. At first it behaves like it does, but then they show back up.

Initially I had went thru my entire gallery and deleted all pictures I didn't want. During this time they looked like they were all gone, the only pictures I could see were the ones I kept. The next day I went into my gallery and they were all there again.

I then tried to delete a small group of them and initially the number of images went down and the pics disappeared but the space for the pics didn't - they were just blank. then a millisecond later the pics glided up from the bottom and settle back into their spots and the image number count goes back up to what it was before deletion. This happens whether I delete one at a time or multiple images at a time.

I checked my google drive and it doesn't have my gallery images in it. I do not have dropbox either.

I am able to delete off the picture I took with this phone, the SD card has pictures I took with my S3

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I was going to suggest checking Google Photos to see if that is somehow restoring the images, but you've already said that you have checked Google Drive. Have you considered removing the SD card and checking its content on a laptop?

Ostaria

Feb 1, 2018
Visit site
I figured it out. When you place an SD card into the phone or need to take the SD card out, you need to mount and unmount it.

You need to do the following:
Open the Settings App.
Scroll down the Settings list until you find Device Maintenance. Click on Storage.
Scroll down to the bottom of the Storage list until you see the SD card option. Click on SD card.
In the top right hand corner, click on the three dots and click on storage settings.
Under portable storage/SD card, there is an an eject button (triangle). Click on it and it will eject the SD card. Then click on the SD card again. It will say 'This SD card is unmounted. To use it, it must be mounted.
Click on the mounted button. You should now be able to delete what ever you want from the SD card with no issues....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae