Why is my Galaxy S7 not reading my sim?

A

AC Question

There seems to be a problem with my Galaxy S7. I bought this phone sim locked to Vodafone. I then paid to get it sim unlocked so I could use my Meteor (mobile network in Ireland) sim in it. (This voids my warranty with Vodafone!!). However this is where the problem started. I would get coverage for a while and then suddenly it would cut. I have tried all the common solutions to network problems (hard and soft reset, search for network etc.) I also thought it was something to do with my sim, however I have coverage when my sim is in my old phone (Galaxy S5). Similarly I put a Vodafone sim in the Galaxy S7 and it also failed to get coverage. I was thinking that the sim card reader may be damaged. If so what are the costs to get this repaired and could you do it yourself? As I don't want to spend loads on a repair on a phone that I just bought!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, where did you pay to get the phone unlocked? if it was Vodafone it might be worth while giving them a call to see if the unlocking was successful as it sounds like they have blocked your phone (especially if the old sim no longer works) try this before you go down the route of replacing parts for the phone that might not even be broken.

James Hehir

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Sorry I wrote my first post as a guest! :D but I got it unlocked at cellunlocker . net! They told me it was unlocked successfully. For the first few days after the unlock the sim would work (make and receive calls and sms). So this is how I know it was unlocked! Then suddenly it stopped working which makes no sense to me! Why would it work and suddenly not work?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie