Magnification Gestures can be customized?

DarkNio

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi, at this moment i'm not an Android user at all but i probably will buy one. I'm an iPhone 4S owner for 5 years, and i am highly relying on the Zoom feature in the Accessibility of iOS because i have limited vision but i can do my stuff with it without the need for VoiceOver(iOS)/TalkBack(Android). As i searched and found out there is a similar feature in Android as well named "Magnification Gestures". I immediately testes this on my friends phone but it was (for me) hard at first to understand how it works because i was used to iOS one, it felt different and little laggy and unresponsive . My question is:
Can i customize the gestures that activate each command like Zoom-in, Zoom-out, adjust zoom level etc... I pretty much want to change them like is it in iOS like: Three Finger Double tap to Zoom-in/out, Three Finger Double tap and hold move fingers to adjust zoom level etc... For me it's easier and better way interacting with the Zoom/Magnification tool in a smartphone.

So if i can't, is there an App to do that? I mean does Google even allow such an App?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, at this moment i'm not an Android user at all but i probably will buy one. I'm an iPhone 4S owner for 5 years, and i am highly relying on the Zoom feature in the Accessibility of iOS because i have limited vision but i can do my stuff with it without the need for VoiceOver(iOS)/TalkBack(Android). As i searched and found out there is a similar feature in Android as well named "Magnification Gestures". I immediately testes this on my friends phone but it was (for me) hard at first to understand how it works because i was used to iOS one, it felt different and little laggy and unresponsive . My question is:
Can i customize the gestures that activate each command like Zoom-in, Zoom-out, adjust zoom level etc... I pretty much want to change them like is it in iOS like: Three Finger Double tap to Zoom-in/out, Three Finger Double tap and hold move fingers to adjust zoom level etc... For me it's easier and better way interacting with the Zoom/Magnification tool in a smartphone.

So if i can't, is there an App to do that? I mean does Google even allow such an App?

Hi and welcome to Android Central :) yes most phones will offer this feature. I would recommend buying a more modern day phone as the feature will only have improved over time. I currently have the G5, which offers what you are describing above. When you do buy an Android device, head to our forums if you are having issues with it and we can assist :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy