Everytime I unlock my phone, a stupid ad pops for the Google play store or a virus app or something like that. I don't know what I've done or if I've even done anything wrong. Please help!!!
    05-25-2016 01:19 PM
    I would first start deleting apps one at a time and after deleting one app, try to lock and unlock your phone. See if the ads go away. If yes then that was the App. If no than do it with another. If you get down to just the bare bone basic apps then I would suggest doing a wipe and restore.
    05-25-2016 01:34 PM
    Everytime I unlock my phone, a stupid ad pops for the Google play store or a virus app or something like that. I don't know what I've done or if I've even done anything wrong. Please help!!!
    Welcome to the forums! What device and Android version do you have? You could try this. Right after unlocking the phone don't close that pop up, yet, go to your settings to check the 'running apps' and see what apps are listed. There's a big chance that the culprit should be there.
    05-25-2016 01:45 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! See this guide as well: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...p-removal.html.

Are these ads showing up in your lockscreen, or only after you've unlocked the phone?
    05-25-2016 03:13 PM
    Welcome to the forums! What device and Android version do you have? You could try this. Right after unlocking the phone don't close that pop up, yet, go to your settings to check the 'running apps' and see what apps are listed. There's a big chance that the culprit should be there.
    Uh, how do I check running apps? Oh, my friend said its an invisible app that cant be uninstalled so i have to hard reset it.
    05-21-2017 03:47 AM
    Uh, how do I check running apps? Oh, my friend said its an invisible app that cant be uninstalled so i have to hard reset it.
    Welcome to the forums. What device do you have which version of android is it running? Can you post a screenshot with those pop-ups?

After Marshmallow the running apps option can be found in the Developer Options.
    05-21-2017 07:45 AM
    Go to Google settins/ads and opt out
    06-30-2017 09:10 AM
    If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    06-30-2017 09:15 AM